PROCESS ASSOCIATES NOTES ON CORIOLIS METERS
- Popular in natural gas and liquid measurements due to its ability to measure mass directly in natural gas , NGL “condensate” as well as liquids using the “Coriolis Effect”.
- A Multi-variable / Multi-output type of flowmeter because of its ability to measure the of the fluid. Temperature (normally RTD’s Pt-1000) is also measured and can be corrected to reference API temperature e.g API @60 ° F
- Custody Transfer Approved
- Long MTBF (Extended Mean Time between Failure) as opposed to mechanical devices with shorter MTBF’s
- Advanced Diagnostic abilities check functionality of the meter as well as possible process upsets
- Easy reporting from one device of the Mass flow rate e.g lb/min ,density e.g lb/bbl and gross volume flow rate e.g. bbl/day
- Accepted by many Accreditation bodies as a very accurate metering instrument
These notes are provided as a brief reference to those curious about the coriolis meter in the hydrocarbon industry. Of course there are other industries in which the coriolis meter is also being used but the short notes refer to the hydrocarbon industry and generic coriolis meters being used thereof. Contact us if you want to be involved.